About Urban Vision
Urban Vision is a partnership between Urban Vision Enterprise CIC, a community interest company specialising in planning and regeneration which operates nationally, and Urban Vision North Staffordshire, an architecture and urban design centre and a registered charity. The partnership specialises in planning, regeneration projects, neighbourhood planning, community engagement, urban design, heritage conservation, training and education projects.
The partnership draws on a broad range of experience in the public, not-for-profit and private sectors, including developing and delivering community projects, professional training, heritage plans and projects, neighbourhood planning training and support, policy and guidance, and providing specialist support and advice for master plans, major development proposals and major infrastructure. Clients range from local councils and trusts to UK and national professional bodies and membership organisations.
In addition Urban Vision has a panel of over 30 independent professional experts who provide specialist skills to support specific projects, such as design review and community engagement.
Urban Vision works in the public interest by providing professional support to improve the built environment, to help communities develop their own plans and projects, to increase skills and understanding, and to deliver projects and services which enhance the quality of our towns and cities.
Urban Vision North Staffordshire is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee, which was set up to support and promote the delivery of high quality built environment design in the regeneration and development of North Staffordshire. Urban Vision's charitable objects can be viewed in full here. It provides professional advice, training and community support in order to
- Bring about successful physical and economic regeneration, and social inclusion
- Create a high quality, well designed and sustainable built environment
- Improve the image of the area
- Raise the quality of life for the citizens of today and tomorrow
The Charity is run by a board of nine volunteer trustees with expertise in architecture, town planning, regeneration, public art, cultural development, landscape architecture, marketing, and finance. Brief biographies of the Charity's board members can be viewed here.
Further details of the Charity's work can be viewed here.
Urban Vision Enterprises CIC is an independent community interest company (company number 7690116) which works in partnership with Urban Vision North Staffordshire to deliver the charity's work. The CIC also works on a national basis for the benefit of a wider range of communities. A Memorandum of Understanding between the CIC and the charity provides the framework for this partnership working.
The CIC's objects can be viewed in full here.
The CIC focuses on the same work areas as the charity - design advice and enabling, skills development, young people's education and community engagement. Since its formation in July 2011 the CIC has developed and delivered a substantial work programme including
- Neighbourhood planning advice for communities in many parts of the country commissioned by Locality
- The Pugin Bicentenary Celebrations 2012
- A programme of community engagement for a front-runner neighbourhood plan for Winsford, Cheshire
- Writing a Quick Guide to Neighbourhood Planning for Locality
- Design enabling support for communities in North Staffordshire who are developing their own projects, including asset transfers and public realm improvements, sponsored by Design Council CABE.
- A professional training programme for RIBA members wishing to become accredited conservation architects delivered in several regions around the UK
- A conference on Neighbourhood Planning for the RIBA West Midlands
For further details of our professional services please click here.